Alessandra Pichelli: How to avoid injuries and form as FC Games athlete

13:44
Alessandra Pichelli: How to avoid injuries and form as FC Games athlete /- -

Alessandra Pichelli was born in Montreal and grew up in Canada and Japan. She started Crossfit in 2010 after finishing his career as a collegiate rower at Saint Mary. His rowing coach was the one who introduced her to CrossFit.

Mixing it up ... Games are almost here! @reebok @trifectasystem @diablocrossfit @crossfitgames

A video posted by Alessandra Pichelli (@alessandrapichelli) on


She made the CrossFit Games the first time with his teammates Diablo CrossFit in 2012 and finished 3rd. She then competed as an individual and participate in the Games four times after winning the NorCal Regionals in 2013 and 2014. His best result was a rookie in 2013, finishing 4th.

  • 2013 NorCal Regionals 1st place
  • 2013 CrossFit Games 4th place
  • 2014 NorCal Regionals 1st place
  • 2014 CrossFit Games 23 place
  • 2015 California super Regionals 5th
  • 2015 CrossFit Games 32nd
  • 2016 great California Regionals 3rd place

Hey Alessandra Pichelli, how do grew up in two totally different cultures (Canada and Japan) influence your lifestyle and mindset training?

I think the experience has definitely made me more open-minded. Living in different cultures makes you aware that there are more than your way of doing things. Instead of judging others for their behavior, we must try to find common ground and work together and not look at the differences so.

allessandra pichelli snatch in rain
Guts and strength

How can the experience of the competition four times with FC games influence your workouts and daily programming?

Regional Games and always do a great job of revealing your weaknesses, so when the Games are over, I still have a long list of things I want to get better. I sit down with my team and come up with a plan on how to attack weaknesses

I believe that my experience helps me athlete -. I have a better understanding of my body, so I can decide when I can push hard and when it makes sense to go a little easier, or even take a day off.

I had better be patient and do not panic when I don 't PR on a lift or drive. Instead, I trust the process for me a better athlete on game day do.

If you could choose a WOD for the Games that fits you perfectly, what would it be?

Ideally I would like to see the real rowing on the water - not an erg. Very unlikely if ...

How is it different to compete as an individual and as part of a team? Which one do you prefer?

After the two, they are very different.

The biggest difference is probably the volume for individuals is much higher. Another key difference is that the spotlight and the pressure is on you as a person, while the other five teams have team members who are there to support them. Physically, the team events often require you to go hard and then rest for a time, which is different from the individual competition where the pace is often the key.

After my narrow miss, I finally got my 0 pounds Snatch! @crossfitgames #doyouevenliftoff @reebok @roguefitness @nfsports_ @smkathletics @diablocrossfit

A video posted by Alessandra Pichelli (@alessandrapichelli) on


I like the ultimate challenge of the individual competition, but I trained with Diablo CrossFit team all year. I could not do without them. If you have a cohesive team with the same goals, it can be a very rewarding experience! I think the team is more fun because of the low pressure and companionship. I can definitely see myself returning to the new team. It's great to see that teams get more exposure since Khalipa Froning and made the switch!

What the Crossfit community mean to you?

I love the Crossfit community. It is amazing to find like-minded people wherever you travel and have an instant connection. On a personal basis, many of my best friends are doing Crossfit, which is probably the main reason I always like going to the gym despite my countless training sessions.

'I can 100% say that I would not be as fit without the community aspect of Crossfit.

environment allowed me to grow as an athlete and a person and I am very grateful for all occasions.

OTM Clean & Jerks prescribed @mxaita! @nfsports_ @reebok @roguefitness @amara @diablocrossfit

A video posted by Alessandra Pichelli (@alessandrapichelli) on


Do you have recommendations to prevent training injuries?

  • First, learn to differentiate between pain and sorrow, so that you can listen to your body.
  • Second, improve your movement patterns. The better you move, the less likely you are to get hurt.
  • Besides these basics, it depends on what you are in your personal life (time wise and financially). If possible, get adequate sleep, daily stretching and getting regular body-work.

How do you train for the unexpected on special occasions such as CF Games?

There are certain skills that are an evolution of current movements that you really try to prepare (eg Triple Unders). For other movements that are really surprising, all you can do is to be as fit as possible and trust your athletics.

As you are from Canada and now living in California, which would you prefer to weather a WOD? Does the heat (or cold) influence the WOD?

Very Easy I prefer the weather in California to live, but I much prefer to work out in the cold. I suffered heatstroke during Triple 3 in 2014 and Murphy in 2015, but I trained outdoors more than ever this year and I will do everything I can to prevent this happening again.

Everything is easier if you have a partner in crime ... @reebok @trifectasystem @diablocrossfit

a video posted by Alessandra Pichelli (@alessandrapichelli) on


is there a sense of strong community between CF athletes of the Games, even if you do not know each other? Predominates or competition?

There are a lot of respect for each other because we all know how much you have to work to get the Games. You will see athletes competing on applauding after the end of or console. I'm fine with almost all the girls, but the environment has certainly got more serious and competitive sport has increased.

Where do you see yourself in FC games this year and do you expect any surprises?

I will concentrate on giving my best effort, but I think I can break back into the Top 10. I trained hard all year and I am pleased to present the games. I'm really expecting surprises -They are a big part of what makes them so difficult and fascinating games. Last year, we saw amazing athletes like Katrin Davídsdóttir and Tia Clair Toomey toping the ranking and new movements - such as peg boards and prone paddle boards. As athletes, we just have to embrace surprises like these challenges. Spectators should enjoy them as they are at the heart of the CrossFit Games.

Good start to my regional training! SST PR -235lbs @reebok @roguefitness @nfsports_ @amara @maxsgym @diablocrossfit

A video posted by Alessandra Pichelli (@alessandrapichelli) on




Guts and strength © Floelite

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar